Virtual - Register Now at Link Below
Since the beginning of the pandemic, building enclosures have received closer scrutiny, with everyone from consumers to building professionals to local and federal government, wanting to know more about their technologies and performance.
The BESTfest seminar brings together industry leaders and experts to discuss how the Building Enclosure Science & Technology field has changed since COVID-19 shook the world.
This four-hour virtual program is brought to you by the National Institute of Building Sciences (NIBS), Building Enclosure Technology and Environment Council (BETEC) , alongside the Building Enclosure Council (BEC) chapter networks.
Building enclosures are expected to be durable and provide a degree of environmental separation. They increasingly must focus on energy efficiency, daylighting, indoor air quality, fire safety, thermal comfort, and carbon footprint. Now, there’s a need to explicitly ensure these performance objectives are fully defined in the planning and design stage and efficiently executed through construction and operations.
As construction technology has become more complex and standards are more demanding, now is the time to hold a broader conversation on innovations in the field. Our panel will discuss changes in materials and methods that have resulted from the latest technology advancements. Please join us as we continue on the shared mission of BETEC and the BEC Chapters to transform the vision of building enclosure design into the built form.
Schedule (All Times Pacific) 9 AM - 1 PM
- 9:10 – 9:55 Achieving Zero Carbon
- 9:55 – 10:25 The Best of What's New in the Building Enclosure Thermal Bridging Guide
- 10:35 – 11:05 Trends for Healthy, High-Performance Buildings in the Post-Covid Age
- 11:05 – 11:35 Utah's Ultra-High Performance Building Standard Enclosure Program
- 11:45 – 12:15 ASTM Building Enclosure Commissioning Updates: An Overview and Discussion of Recent Changes to ASTM E2813 & E2947
- 12:15 – 1:00 Round Up: The Best of the BECs and BETEC